Date(s) - 27/09/2018
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
It’s not what you say, but what they hear! Master speech writing techniques and develop effective talking-points to make your speeches compelling, understandable and memorable.
Presenting to live audiences is a core leadership responsibility that requires smart supporting teamwork. Any speaker wants the audience to be impressed, and to hear a subliminal message: That was good. That speaker is a real leader. More, please!
This course shows participants how to prepare clear, engaging and memorable talking-points and speeches for any occasion. It covers key principles of public speaking and practical techniques for making drafts lively and easy to use.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Describe and start applying key speechwriting principles and techniques, while detecting and addressing past issues encountered in drafting, delivering or organizing a speech
- Analyse and identify structures, signposts, stories and other practical tools which make a speech effective and engaging to the audience
- Prepare effective presentations with the help of visual effects
- Remove ‘stupid words’, use simple but effective language, and adapt the speech according to the audience
- Apply pros and cons of different approaches to live audiences while developing talking-points and writing speeches
Who Should Attend
Mayors, Councillors, Special Assistants, Communications Professionals, Public information and information Officers, Coordination Specialists, Program Staff, Team Leaders and those who tend to have the responsibility of preparing speeches for management.
How Much Does It Cost
We are currently offering this course on special for only $199 + GST (Regularly $299 + GST), you’ll also receive 10% off your next course registration (a code is provided at the completion of 101).
What People are Saying About Our Training
“Reinforcement of information was and is always valuable.”
“Great hosts. Timely material and topics, always a good learning opportunity.”
Bookings are closed for this event.